Easy Step by Step guide to get a FREE 'Small Lots of Seed' Permit from the USA government.
Time to Complete the ONLINE application = 5 MINUTES.
To all our USA customers. It is very Easy and completely FREE to Apply online by following this very easy to follow guide.
There are two parts and only 10 steps to follow.
First get your account, and instructions for that are on this page: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/resources/sa_epermits/sa_plants/ppq-epermits
QUICK TIP: On this page you will see written in bold: 'Apply on-line for a...' followed by the options. Look for form PPQ 587.
1. Create/Renew/Amend Application - Choose Program Office: Choose "Plant Protection and Quarantine"
2. Create/Renew/Amend Application - Choose Application Type for PPQ: Choose "PPQ 587 Application for Permit to Import Plants and Plant Products – OTHER THAN Fresh, Frozen or Processed Fruits and Vegetables"
3. Create Application - Specify Application Type: Default is "new permit" -- continue
4. Applicant page - Fill out your contact info
5. Articles Summary - Choose destination where items will be sent, and commodity type ("Plant Material for Planting and Other Purposes") -- click "Enter New Articles" to move on
6. Article - Choose taxa, location of export, plant part ("seed"), intended use ("small lots of seed")
Source location if requested is UK. Shipping will be handled via airmail.
7. You can add further articles if more than one taxa, or "Done entering articles"
8. Inspection Stations -- You can skip through this page; you don't need to enter a quarantine station, the system will pick one for you
9. Certify and submit
10. Once you have done the above go to the "MY SHIPMENTS / LABELS section and request the yellow and green labels. Send to us in an email at email@example.com.
Everything is permissible except Nerium Oleander and Datura seeds.
If you want more information or any assistance please get in touch. Remember this sounds harder than it is. It should take 5 minutes and lasts for around 4 years. Did we mention that it is FREE?